Replace A Damaged Hose
Published: Saturday, 27 December 2014 11:40
Written by Lance Hartley
- Charged 38 mm hose (damaged)
- Personal protective clothing
- Water not being shut off at appropriate time.
- Ensure correct signals are given and acknowledged.
- Use appropriate hose and team work.
Procure a length of delivery hose
- Select appropriate diameter hose
- Carry hose to damaged length
- Face along the line of flow (towards the direction of intended water flow).
Make position to couple hose
- Bowl and flake hose accordingly over top of damaged hose.
- When and only when the branch operator signals water off, uncouple damaged hose.
- Couple new hose to existing length. Signal water on.
©2017 Tathra Volunteer Rural Fire Brigade