- Published: Saturday, 27 December 2014 11:39
- Written by Lance Hartley
- 5 crew Crew Leader
- 2 x 38 mm hoses
- Extension ladder
- Appliance + pump
- Personal protective clothing
- OIC conducts size up and issues appropriate orders
- No.2 engages the pump and removes blanking caps
- No.3 and No. 5 unship the ladder and assemble / position it on the ground near the position of it being pitched.
- No. 4 takes a length of 38 mm hose and deploys it out from the rear of the appliance in the direction of the target, leaving one coupling for No. 2 to connect to the appliance and flaking the hose in the direction of the target.
- No. 1 takes a length of 38 mm hose and a branch and advances approximately 10 m (to where length 1 is flaked) from the appliance to deploy the hose (toward the target), leaving one coupling for No. 4 to connect to length 1
- No. 4 connects length 1 and length 2 and proceeds to flake length 2 and then stands bye to assist if directed.
- No. 1 connects the branch to length 2 and proceeds to the position of the ladder.
- OIC issues "prepare to pitch" command.
- No. 3 moves to the foot of the ladder. No. 5 moves to the head of the ladder.
- OIC issues "look up" command, once "all clear" is given, No. 3 and No. 5 raise the ladder vertically, with No. 3 steadying the ladder from the heal and No. 5 lifting from the head and working their way along the paws of the ladder.
- No. 3 and No. 5 pitch the ladder against the structure. No. 3 foots the ladder OIC issues "advance" command.
- No. 1 takes the uncharged line and ascends the ladder stopping no closer than three rungs from the top.
- No. 1 leg locks the ladder and when secured issues the "water - on" command to No. 5
- No. 5 relays "water - on" command to No. 2