Using the Motorola XTL 5000 Radio
- Published: Saturday, 27 December 2014 11:03
- Written by Lance Hartley
To Turn Radio On:
- Briefly press ON / OFF button or PTT (Press To Transmit) button. (Note radio is programmed to turn on after 10 seconds if power is isolated and return to its previous settings).
- Check the volume position by pressing the VOL buton either up or down. A bar graphand "Volume XX" is displayed.
- Press and remain pressing the PTT button whilst talking across the microphone.
- Release or stop pressing PTT to monitor incoming communications.
- Always return handset to holder when not in use.
Selecting a Zone
- To switch between zones, briefly press the SOFT KEY under the Zone in the display.
- Then use the navigation key (left /right) or MODE (up / down) to scroll between Zones stopping at the desired one.
- Then press the HOME button or PTT. This will lock you on to the desired Zone.
- Alternatively, press the SOFT KEY under the ZONE on the display. Then through the KEYPAD, enter Zone position for desired Zone and then press the HOME button or PTT to lock you into the desired Zone.
Selecting A Channel
- To switch between Channels, briefly press the SOFT KEY under the CHAN on display. Then by using the NAVIGATION KEY or MODE KEY stop at the desired channel and then press the HOME button or press PTT to lock you on the desired channel.
- Alternatively, briefly press the PROGRAMMABLE SOFT KEY under the CHAN on the display. Then through the KEYPAD, enter Channel location number of the desired Channel. Then press the HOME button or PTT to lock you on the desired channel.