Ship Standpipe to Hydrant
Published: Saturday, 27 December 2014 11:02
Written by Lance Hartley
- Hydrant bar
- Personal protective clothing
- Ensure that traffic control measures are in place and that work site is safe to enter, (lights, appliance, cones)
Demonstrate the correct and safe installation of a standpipe.
- Ensure the collar is screwed 1 turn above the bottom.
- Place the standpipe onto the hydrant making sure the mounting lugs on collar fit under the clamps of the hydrant.
- Screw the spindle down at least three complete turns to ensure maximum water pressure.
- Ensure water is turned off
- Grasping tightening handles in both hands rotate anti-clockwise until standpipe rotates freely.
- Remove standpipe when rotating collar lugs to disengage.
- Check for leaks from hydrant valve - if leaking re-ship standpipe to losening trapped debris.
- Stow standpipe and hydrant bar on appliance
©2017 Tathra Volunteer Rural Fire Brigade