Pumping and Hand Signals
Published: Saturday, 27 December 2014 11:01
Written by Lance Hartley
- In each case, a verbal instruction can be given, or
- Fully extend arm over head
- Drop arm to side.
- Extend arm horizontally to the side
- Swing arm across chest and back again until acknowledged by branch firefighter or pump operator.
- To increase pressure, using extended arm, raise arm vertically. Each arm movement indicates an increase of pressure by 100 kPa.
- To decrease pressure, using extended arm, drop arm to the side. Each arm movement indicates a decrease of pressure by 100 kPa
©2017 Tathra Volunteer Rural Fire Brigade