Preparing Drip Torch Fuel
- Published: Saturday, 27 December 2014 11:01
- Written by Lance Hartley
- Approved fuel containers
- Appropriately labelled container of unleaded fuel,
- Appropriately labelled container of diesel fuel,
- Appropriately labelled container for firelighter fuel,
- Measuring container, fuel funnel.
- Personal protective clothing
- Gather the equipment required and assemble in a well-ventilated area, preferably outdoors, clear of any form of ignition.
- Ensure that all containers are correctly labelled and that the contents are as indicated on the label.
- Determine the quantity to be mixed to avoid wastage of the final product.
- Measure three parts diesel (Picture 2) into the measuring container, based on the predetermined final volume to be mixed and decant into the drip torch fuel container.
- Measure one part unleaded fuel (Picture 3) into the measuring container, based on the predetermined final volume to be mixed and decant into the drip torch fuel container
- Ensure that the mixing ratio is rigidly adhered to until the appropriate volume of drip torch fuel has been mixed
- Drip torches should be re-filled from the pre-mixed drip torch fuel container only, to ensure that mixing ratios are maintained (Picture 4).
- Seal all containers and re-stow.