Published: Saturday, 27 December 2014 10:58
Written by Lance Hartley
- Suction lengths from appliance
- Personal protection clothing
Lay out equipment
- Assemble suction hose
- Tighten couplings using storz spanners.
- Repeat procedure at each coupling – if applicable
- N.B Moisten sealing washers with water to assist sealing.
- Couple metal strainer.
- Place in water
Connect suction hose to appliance
- Pump operator ensures blank cap removed from inlet.
- Supports suction hose with one hand
- Checks washer
- Firefighters, working as a team align storz coupling
- Pump operator, using storz spanners, rotates coupling until coupling is firm
- Close tank to pump valve (valve 1)
- Close all delivery valve.
- Open suction inlet valve.(valve 2)
- Start the pump engine
- Operate priming pump until compound gauge shows a "decrease" at the pump inlet side.
- If filling tank, open valve 3 or if supplying water, open delivery valves. Caution: Do not engage prime for more than 20 seconds
©2017 Tathra Volunteer Rural Fire Brigade