Get Ready Weekend
- Published: Saturday, 05 September 2015 00:35
- Written by Lance Hartley
With summer just around the corner, now is the time to Get Ready for bush fire season.
September 12 and 13, 2015 is Get Ready Weekend and the perfect opportunity to get outside and take a few simple steps towards preparing your family and your home for bush fire.
NSW RFS Members across NSW will be holding a variety of events to help you understand how to prepare your home and your family.
Top five actions
Don't know where to start? You could:
- TRIM overhanging trees and shrubs.
- MOW your lawn and remove all the cut grass.
- REMOVE material that can burn around your home (e.g. door mats, wood piles, mulch, leaves, paint, outdoor furniture).
- CLEAR and remove all the debris and leaves from the gutters surrounding your home.
- PREPARE a hose or hoses that can stretch all around the house. Just a few small actions now could make all the difference if fire threatens your home.
Visit the NSW Rural Fire Service website for more information or contact Bega Fire Control (64947400)