- Published: Saturday, 28 March 2015 07:59
- Written by Lance Hartley
Tathra Rural Fire Brigade is looking for new members. Many of our members have moved out of the area for work or educational reasons which has left a big hole in the number of members we can draw on.
Fighting bushfire is a dangerous activity and as such each of our Brigade members must have the competence required to allow them to undertake this role as safely as possible. Our training provides members with the skills and knowledge to enable them to:
- Work safely on the fire ground;
- Improve knowledge of fire behaviour;
- Use various techniques to suppress a fire;
- Use and care for fire fighting equipment;
- Use and care for communications equipment;
- and Work in a team as well as provide leadership.